NEW Gripfast Combination Power Chuck
The NEW Gripfast Combination Power Chuck provides CNC lathe customers with a chuck, a collet chuck and mandrel all in one unit. Available ex stock in a range of sizes, the Gripfast comes into its own when used on production CNC turning centres for medium to small batch production enabling CNC lathe operators to increase productivity with minimal non machining time.
The main advantages that the Gripfast Combination Power Chuck has over many competitive power chucks includes:
• A unique counter balance feature that negates centrifugal force effects, ensuring constant gripping force and 90% jaw force at maximum operational speed of up to 6000rpm. This compares to most other power chucks in its class that maintain only 33% of gripping force using standard top jaws.
• A duplicate set of master jaws and simple off-machine jaw setting fixture are supplied, permitting the jaws to be pre-set off the machine, ensuring a changeover time of less than 30 seconds, resulting in an estimated time saving of 95% over other power chucks and can give payback in less than 6 months.
• Speedily converts to a collet chuck with the master jaws accepting a comprehensive range of standard or special collet pads.
• The Pratt Burnerd ‘Setrite’ feature is incorporated, as standard into the Gripfast chuck body, allowing ultra high adjustment accuracy of either jaws, collet pads or mandrel.
• Can be supplied ex stock in a range of sizes but can be with optional large through bore capacities, to fit all makes and models of CNC production lathes, utilising the existing CNC machines chucking assembly.
Click here to view the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqJS3_iPqQ